Friday, May 31, 2013

DIY & Go Green!

 Yesterday I took these green paint samples at a shop (oops). I was a little embarrassed, but I wanted to use them to make this green mood board :) With handwritten paint samples, masking tape and inspirational photos you can make great mood boards. Of course I did it with green colors. See my other post: 50 shades of green.
 
I don't have much green in my house, but since a while I have some mini plants in a green house. I did an easy DIY with these terracotta pots today. I made them look older. Like they have been in my garden for a while. You can paint them with white acrylic paint and water.
 
In our house the main colors are black, white and grey with a touch of color. Not so much green for me... 
 
But I l do love the Go Green trend like this: urban farming and plants and flowers in your interior.
I'm doing some urban farming myself: trying to grow radish, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, strawberries, lots of herbs, lettuce, blackberry, fig, grapes and artichoke in my garden. It's great to do with children too :) .  If you want to read more about urban farming: you should check out this blog post of Zilverblauw about her Urban Garden. I love her beautiful blog, photos and style.
 
Do you have green in your house or do you grow your own fruit & vegetables? I would love to hear your comments!
 
 I want to wish you a nice weekend, because I'm going to enjoy the beautiful weather today!
 



Photos Margreet de Vries

No comments:

Post a Comment