Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Number one on my wishlist!

I'm looking for 4 new chairs for our dining and I have a big crush on thonet chairs. I like them combined with tolix chairs -as you can see on the second photo- or with eames chairs -see third photo- from a blog I love: AMM blog. Al tough I don't think they are very comfortable, I still want them. Maybe I have to look for a thonet chair with a wooden seat in stead of wicker and of course will I have to convince Jörgen too..;) He likes comfort... I think a mix of chairs would be best. What do you think?
 
Some history...
 
'Thonet today, as in the past, is considered a pioneer of furniture design throughout the world.
The company was established in 1819 by Michael Thonet to produce his own designs, using the then new bentwood process, which he developed. Within a short period of time it became a major furniture manufacturer with a global distribution network' (source here).

 Via
Via  


All photos are thanks to these blogs I absolutely love to read (you can find the links of the concerning blogs under each picture): mariaemb.,  J. Leveau blog, amerrymishap, vtwonen and Lotta Agaton

Enjoy your evening!

p.s.: did you enjoy the weather today as much as I did? I worked very hard in my garden today and it felt so good!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment