Saturday, February 2, 2013

Go green in my home

Yesterday I was so fed up with the winter and the rain that I decided to bring more green in the house. It's a big trend at this moment and I'm glad, because it's now cheering up my living and therefore my mood! As promised I made some pics of a few the vintage finds from last week. More will follow... This morning I saw really big snow flakes falling down. This afternoon the sun finally break threw as you can see on the pics...
Tomorrow I'm hoping to take photos in the home of Jörgen's uncle and aunt. They have a beautiful interior. I will of course share this with you soon...
my dining: I've painted the inside of the lamp & cable vintage blue
I found this vintage camera at the second hand shop
 I think it goes well with my boots and lovely Cowboybelt bag
roses and blossom in my new old jars I found in the second hand store
the table is made of teak
 an old apple crate with cactus plants and the antique French mirror I bought at the antique market in Lille (France) I can strongly recommend this market: it's the biggest in Europe
 and it's a pleasure to be there. Lille is a beautiful city. I've studied there for 6 months.
  The market takes place in the center of the city once a year and has a great atmosphere:
  on every corner you can eat 'moules frites'. This year the market takes place on the 31th of August and the 1st of September
The 2 lamp shades you can see I found in the second hand store (I ripped of the fabric)
I've put the plants in cans (for beans) and decorated them with black & white tape
a few months ago I spray painted this tray with copper spray
 I like it with the 'bambino' plants
don't you think this green goes well with copper...

these are the same plants as in the previous picture: don't you love these mini plants?
They are in my Ikea greenhouse now...


No comments:

Post a Comment