Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tea time...

Recently I found a cute Japanese tea set and tea box at the kringloop = a second hand store. The 2 first pics are from my tea set. I had some lychees at home, because my daughter wanted to try them. She didn't realy liked it... Lychees are a delicious fruit. The inside may not always look appetizing to some people, but never judge a book by its cover. Beyond the look is the sweet fruity taste of lychee. A lychee is not only tasty, but juicy as well. They go well on the picture, don't you think?

After buying this set, I became curious about Japanese tea... Here some facts I found on Wikipedia:

The Japanese tea ceremony, also called the Way of Tea, is a Japanese cultural activity involving the ceremonial preparation and presentation of matcha, powdered green tea  (see my 3th photo). In Japanese, it is called chanoyu (茶の湯?) or sadō, chadō (茶道?). The manner in which it is performed, or the art of its performance, is called otemae (お手前; お点前?). Zen Buddhism was a primary influence in the development of the tea ceremony. Much less commonly, it uses leaf tea, primarily sencha.

If you want to read more about Japanese tea and Japan, I found the blog 'How to Japan'. Click here.

As from know I'm going to try the real Japanese tea! 
Photo Margreet de Vries 
Photo Margreet de Vries 

No comments:

Post a Comment